To provide you with the best care your GP may decide that they want to do your appointment via video consultation. It’s really easy all you need is a smartphone with either Wifi/3G/4G connection.
How it works:
- Your practice will let you know that they would like you to do a video consultation
- The GP or nurse will then send you a text message with a link to load video consultation, that looks something like this:
What you need to do:
- Once you receive the message click on the link
- It will then open your internet browser (e.g. Safari, Chrome)
- It may show you a screen where you need to click “Request permissions”to enable your camera and your microphone.
- You should then be able to see yourself
If you’d like to see how a GP video consultation works watch this helpful video
Frequently asked questions
What do I need for it to work?
- A smartphone, either with working Wifi/3G/4G connection
- Your Internet Browser needs to have your phone’s microphone and camera enabled (you can see how to alter this in your phone settings supported browser.
- iPhones running older software that has not been updated (iOS 12 and earlier) will need to download the Whereby app to join the consultation
What if I don’t have a smartphone or the video doesn’t work on my phone?
You can also have a video consultation on a tablet or a computer with a web camera. Just type link you’ve been sent in the text into the top of the internet browser like so: